The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Links & Resources (250)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hunting Physarum Polycephalum

I live in hyrum utah and i don't want to spend money on slime molds so I was wondering if the slime mold Physarum Polycephalum lives here a…

Started by Cire Sniknej

4 Jul 1, 2016
Reply by Kristy keller

How fast does slime's electricity change, and how much?

It grows very slowly, but it must communicate with electric waves faster than it grows. How much faster? Can we communicate with it as wave…

Started by Ben F Rayfield

1 Jun 7, 2016
Reply by ian

Where does the slime live in the wild? Whats the biggest network of slime?

Experiments may be ignoring slime's fully grown "closest thing it has to a brain" which may only happen in large networks of slime, maybe c…

Started by Ben F Rayfield

0 May 31, 2016

Sporing timescale

Hello, I'm currently trying to start the phototaxis process with my Physarum , but want to avoid the actual spores. Does anyone know how lo…

Started by Martha Gray

0 May 13, 2016

Bringing slime mould to life.

Does anyone have ay advice on how to bring dried slime mould to life? Thanks!

Started by Martha Gray

2 May 13, 2016
Reply by Martha Gray

Discognition

My new book, DISCOGNITION, is now available. It's mostly a book about science fiction accounts of alien forms of consciousness and sentienc…

Started by Steven Shaviro

0 Mar 22, 2016

Slime goes to Big Bang - help!

I've been tasked - at frighteningly short notice with taking Physarum to the Big Bang fair  ( first task, raise enough slime for around 300…

Started by ian

8 Mar 1, 2016
Reply by ian

Slime mould and Photography

Hello,  I have an idea for a piece of work where I grow slime mould on a photographic paper, probably cyanotype. Does anyone have any tips…

Started by Martha Gray

1 Feb 29, 2016
Reply by ian

Reconstructing the Nakagaki Experiment

Hi collective, I'm trying to recreate the Nakagaki Experiment (where slime molds were introduced to cold air repeatedly and then anticipate…

Started by Michael R.

2 Feb 19, 2016
Reply by ian

Sourcing slime mould in London

Hey guys, anyone know where can i buy slime mould in London, uk please. Someone may already shared this information here :p but i am pretty…

Started by Loveness Li

4 Jan 14, 2016
Reply by Stephanie Debono

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service