The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Links & Resources (113)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A science wiki

Hello,  I'm building a science wiki to try to make it easier for everyone to do science. The idea is to help people fill the gaps in their…

Started by Michelangelo von Dassow

3 Apr 1, 2015
Reply by Michelangelo von Dassow

Useful source for ID's

http://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20q?search=Eumycetozoa&guide=Myxomycetes&flags=HAS: It could do with a key but there's a huge numbe…

Started by ian

0 Mar 23, 2015

Looking for a large, tiling image of slime mold

Hi! Happy to be part of The Slime Mould Collective. An inquiry to start with: would anyone here happen to have a hires, tiling image of s…

Started by jnnstl

4 Mar 23, 2015
Reply by Davenwolf

How to ward off bacterial infection in slime mould cultures

Hey Guys! I used to have this massive problem of infections where my slime mould cultures would repeatedly get infected very quickly and fr…

Started by Ryan Teh Han Rong

0 Mar 20, 2015

Possibly rare slime mold found on ends of living tree roots

It only grew at the very end of living tree roots that had been severed from logging machinery. (or landslide, not totally sure) The roots…

Started by Richard Balzer

4 Mar 11, 2015
Reply by Ingrid Glass

Experimenting with the memory of Physarum

Hello people! I found this site after having seen Heather Barnett's TED Talk on the powers of slime moulds (a really interesting one too!)…

Started by Edward Yuran

5 Mar 10, 2015
Reply by Leandrea Jones

Free Physarum

I've started raising sclerotia off Physarum, I'm happy to post them out to anyone anywhere in the world free of charge, just PM me. Offer e…

Started by ian

8 Mar 10, 2015
Reply by Ryan Teh Han Rong

We should start a trading circle for slime molds

I feel like this would help more people become more able to afford a physarum polycephalum culture. Online suppliers have high quality cult…

Started by Jaden

14 Feb 19, 2015
Reply by Leandrea Jones

Raising from spores? timescale?

Anyone had luck getting from spores to a mature organism? I've got easy access to good old e.coli and wonder if it's a sufficient food, I'd…

Started by ian

2 Feb 9, 2015
Reply by ian

Does anyone have a polycephalum strain that's not from Carolina?

I've been talking to a researcher who reckons I'm not getting mature colonies from spores because I need spores from more than one individu…

Started by ian

2 Feb 8, 2015
Reply by Natalie Andrew

RSS

© 2018   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service