The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Projects & Ideas (91)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Colour variation

It's a bit more obvious to the eye but kinda shows up on camera, there's a fair bit of variation in pigment intensity between some strains.…

Started by ian

0 Feb 7, 2022

Agarose gel drying out during experiment

Hi, I am trying to do an experiment about the extracellular slime trails and external memory of physarum polycephalum. For that I am using…

Started by Mattias Bolin

1 Jan 11, 2022
Reply by ian

growing Physarum Polycephalum

I am growing Physarum Polycephalum for my biochemistry class and was wondering if anybody had any tips to grow it faster-- I am adding a fe…

Started by Mimi Osborne

1 Oct 13, 2021
Reply by ian

Prefered substrate

Hello everyone!I'm really curious about the substrates you use and why you do. Unfortunately I'm not able to set up a poll, but so far I'm…

Started by Nuno

3 Aug 24, 2021
Reply by ian

Food deficiency in Physarum polycephalum

Hello to all ! :-) I've been breeding blobs for a while now and I've noticed that if you feed them only oatmeal they end up becoming slow a…

Started by Yloo

0 Jul 1, 2021

Question about whether slime mold will react with plaster or resin?

So I've read that pouring water / spraying water at slime mold will release spores in a gas like kind of fashion which is definitely not wh…

Started by Melody Wu

3 Mar 4, 2021
Reply by ian

Slime mold and cellular networks

Hi everyone,  I developed a fascination for physarum polycephalum since I first heard about it a couple of years back and I'm super glad, I…

Started by Kay Brinkmann

1 Mar 4, 2021
Reply by ian

Do you have any suggestions for using slime molds in your design?

Hi, guys!I am a fine arts college student, I will soon carry on my graduation design creation.I'm going to take the slime mold's ability to…

Started by Ruiko

1 Mar 2, 2021
Reply by ian

Time lapse with Maths output!

https://youtu.be/NxS-UzlsRTI Don't know why the 'add video' isn't working but here's a link. This Physarum rigidum meeting polycephalum ov…

Started by ian

2 Feb 26, 2021
Reply by Bradley Lauterbach

Problems with raising Physarum Polycephalum from sclerotia

Hello I'm writing this post, because I have a problem as mentioned in the title. Never before had I faced such difficulties and I'm doing t…

Started by Tymon Zachary

7 Jan 22, 2021
Reply by MP

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service