The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Projects & Ideas (38)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Garden of Earthly Delights

Hi! According to this article in The Smithsonian, http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/hunting-slime-molds-38805499/, a scientist…

Started by jnnstl

4 Jun 23, 2016
Reply by Paige

Very little growth?

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out my problem! I got a culture plate from a biological supply company and my subcultures to new plat…

Started by Shawna

1 May 20, 2016
Reply by ian

Why does Physarum like chocolate?

Hi There, I was wondering if anyone could offer an explanation as to why a strong positive chemotactic response towards chocolate may be ob…

Started by Amy Jane Huntley

7 May 12, 2016
Reply by Maria

Creation of a network...Need advices

Hello, I would like to create a network with my slime mould. So I put oat flacks on every strategics area of my map. After, I removed the m…

Started by Aurelie

0 Apr 18, 2016

Using slime molds to simulate gentrification + projection mapping--any advice would be appreciated

Hi All, I am a master's student at Carnegie Mellon University working on a project with a collaborator involving usage of slime molds to s…

Started by Aprameya Mysore

0 Mar 28, 2016

How to get a really BIG culture of Physarum??

I'm doing some experiments in a biology class (8th graders), but I'm having some trouble getting a decent-sized culture of P. polycephalum…

Started by Fred Bartlett

5 Nov 26, 2015
Reply by ian

Selecting a medium where slime mold doesn't grow

Hi dear slimocos, I am doing an experiment on slime mold Physarum polycephalum for which I want to grow them just on the periphery of a 85m…

Started by Subash K. Ray

5 Nov 12, 2015
Reply by ian

The effect of metal concentrations on the growth and ultrastructure of Physarum Polycephalum

I've been doing a few experiments on these wonderful organisms with regards to various  I am intending to do an experiment using the below…

Started by Ryan Teh Han Rong

7 Oct 8, 2015
Reply by Jack Ethan Micheal Ledford

Slime mold experts in Tokyo?

Hi again, I am looking for slime mold experts/enthusiasts in Tokyo who might be interested in collaborating on an art project, helping me…

Started by jnnstl

1 Jul 20, 2015
Reply by jnnstl

Preserving a slime mold growth?

Hello, I would like to ask for the collective's help regarding the preservation of slime mold. In particular, I am looking to create mazes…

Started by jnnstl

5 Jun 29, 2015
Reply by ian

RSS

© 2017   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service