The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Projects & Ideas (91)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Well this is embarrassing....

I've recently got hold of the two other strains of physarum - one originating in Japan and the other in Australia. With Mazie - my home bre…

Started by ian

2 Mar 5, 2017
Reply by Heather Barnett

Metal work

Dusted off my metal casting kit and decided to immortalise a slime as a bowl

Started by ian

0 Jan 31, 2017

Changing Physarum Polycephalum growth rate?

I have recently acquired a small petri dish of P. Polycephalum which I am absolutely intrigued by and cherish very much. As much as I want…

Started by Parker Lovein

6 Jan 27, 2017
Reply by ian

The great taste of slime

It wasn't intentional but when you're growing slime mold by the square meter it gets all over the place.  Physarum is very earthy and rathe…

Started by ian

6 Jan 26, 2017
Reply by François-Joseph Deminiere

The Garden of Earthly Delights

Hi! According to this article in The Smithsonian, http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/hunting-slime-molds-38805499/, a scientist…

Started by jnnstl

4 Jun 23, 2016
Reply by Paige

Very little growth?

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out my problem! I got a culture plate from a biological supply company and my subcultures to new plat…

Started by Shawna

1 May 20, 2016
Reply by ian

Why does Physarum like chocolate?

Hi There, I was wondering if anyone could offer an explanation as to why a strong positive chemotactic response towards chocolate may be ob…

Started by Amy Jane Huntley

7 May 12, 2016
Reply by Maria

Creation of a network...Need advices

Hello, I would like to create a network with my slime mould. So I put oat flacks on every strategics area of my map. After, I removed the m…

Started by Aurelie

0 Apr 18, 2016

Using slime molds to simulate gentrification + projection mapping--any advice would be appreciated

Hi All, I am a master's student at Carnegie Mellon University working on a project with a collaborator involving usage of slime molds to s…

Started by Aprameya Mysore

0 Mar 28, 2016

How to get a really BIG culture of Physarum??

I'm doing some experiments in a biology class (8th graders), but I'm having some trouble getting a decent-sized culture of P. polycephalum…

Started by Fred Bartlett

5 Nov 26, 2015
Reply by ian

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service