The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Projects & Ideas (91)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Selecting a medium where slime mold doesn't grow

Hi dear slimocos, I am doing an experiment on slime mold Physarum polycephalum for which I want to grow them just on the periphery of a 85m…

Started by Subash K. Ray

5 Nov 12, 2015
Reply by ian

The effect of metal concentrations on the growth and ultrastructure of Physarum Polycephalum

I've been doing a few experiments on these wonderful organisms with regards to various  I am intending to do an experiment using the below…

Started by Ryan Teh Han Rong

7 Oct 8, 2015
Reply by Jack Ethan Micheal Ledford

Slime mold experts in Tokyo?

Hi again, I am looking for slime mold experts/enthusiasts in Tokyo who might be interested in collaborating on an art project, helping me…

Started by jnnstl

1 Jul 20, 2015
Reply by jnnstl

Preserving a slime mold growth?

Hello, I would like to ask for the collective's help regarding the preservation of slime mold. In particular, I am looking to create mazes…

Started by jnnstl

5 Jun 29, 2015
Reply by ian

Slime mold experts in Tokyo?

Hi again, I am looking for slime mold experts/enthusiasts in Tokyo who might be interested in collaborating on an art project, helping me…

Started by jnnstl

0 Jun 19, 2015

What I'm doing with spores so far.

I'm determined to get these guys through a full life cycle. I'm using the Carolina strain. Spore generation - they do need light to make s…

Started by ian

7 Apr 7, 2015
Reply by Natalie Andrew

Suggestions for flow visualization?

Hello, I'm really excited to have found and joined Slimoco!   I'm trying to test a hypothesis about how the outer diameter of the Physarum…

Started by Michelangelo von Dassow

12 Mar 21, 2015
Reply by Michelangelo von Dassow

Electrophysiology set up?

I'm trying to put together a couple of different activity packs for schools based around physarum - a basic which would be chemo/photo and…

Started by ian

3 Mar 16, 2015
Reply by Michelangelo von Dassow

Discoveries of application within our own social interaction

Wether acting as a coach, manager or researcher, human interaction often impedes forward progress. What human processes might be improved t…

Started by John

12 Mar 10, 2015
Reply by Hilary Koob-Sassen

This site needs an identification section. Can anybody ID one for me?

I'm new to the site so apologies if I'm simply not finding the ID section.  Usually google can ID them well enough since most seem pretty…

Started by Richard Balzer

1 Mar 10, 2015
Reply by Heather Barnett

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service