The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Links & Resources (250)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for a large, tiling image of slime mold

Hi! Happy to be part of The Slime Mould Collective. An inquiry to start with: would anyone here happen to have a hires, tiling image of s…

Started by jnnstl

4 Mar 23, 2015
Reply by Davenwolf

How to ward off bacterial infection in slime mould cultures

Hey Guys! I used to have this massive problem of infections where my slime mould cultures would repeatedly get infected very quickly and fr…

Started by Ryan Teh Han Rong

0 Mar 20, 2015

Possibly rare slime mold found on ends of living tree roots

It only grew at the very end of living tree roots that had been severed from logging machinery. (or landslide, not totally sure) The roots…

Started by Richard Balzer

4 Mar 11, 2015
Reply by Ingrid Glass

Experimenting with the memory of Physarum

Hello people! I found this site after having seen Heather Barnett's TED Talk on the powers of slime moulds (a really interesting one too!)…

Started by Edward Yuran

5 Mar 10, 2015
Reply by Leandrea Jones

Some technical questions about photography

Hello! This is my first foray into photographing truly tiny things. I also have little previous experience with microorganisms. I have been…

Started by Leandrea Jones

2 Mar 10, 2015
Reply by Leandrea Jones

Free Physarum

I've started raising sclerotia off Physarum, I'm happy to post them out to anyone anywhere in the world free of charge, just PM me. Offer e…

Started by ian

8 Mar 10, 2015
Reply by Ryan Teh Han Rong

Raising from spores? timescale?

Anyone had luck getting from spores to a mature organism? I've got easy access to good old e.coli and wonder if it's a sufficient food, I'd…

Started by ian

2 Feb 9, 2015
Reply by ian

Does anyone have a polycephalum strain that's not from Carolina?

I've been talking to a researcher who reckons I'm not getting mature colonies from spores because I need spores from more than one individu…

Started by ian

2 Feb 8, 2015
Reply by Natalie Andrew

Using Stories to understand Slime Mould

Hi from Settle Stories - we run a Storytelling Festival and want to use stories to tell the story of slime mould. The stories could be oral…

Started by Charles Tyrer

0 Dec 24, 2014

making tidy sclerotia

I've got the knack of getting sclerotium to form but my slime mould isn't well behaved. The commercially supplied stuff is a nice smooth ev…

Started by ian

2 Dec 12, 2014
Reply by Heather Barnett

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service