The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Links & Resources (250)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Help me define Physarum polycephalum !

I am creating costumes and performances from an intensive research led on different eukaryot organisms. One of them is Physarum polycephalu…

Started by Le Goff Laurane

2 Aug 16, 2021
Reply by Le Goff Laurane

Please contribute to the hosting of the slime mould collective

Dear slimoco members, It’s that time of year again when I get billed for the hosting costs of the slimoco ning network and reach out to the…

Started by Heather Barnett

1 Jul 28, 2021
Reply by Heather Barnett

Slime mould spurs

I was wondering if it’s safe to cultivate slime mould in apartments or houses because of it’s spurs? do they spread around the apartment an…

Started by Terry

2 Jul 15, 2021
Reply by Terry

I want to start with slime mould, and I have some questions

Hello. I am Ivan, and I create an account in this forum that morning, because I am learning about this organisms and I am very interested i…

Started by Ivan

2 Jul 12, 2021
Reply by Ivan

Shortest path?

This is so much fun. I think I was very generous with the oats so I have a fat and vey fitness conscious slime mould. I say that because it…

Started by Shivani Mathur

0 May 26, 2021

First timer in the slime mould department

Hello all, I'm trying to grow my first Physarum, and it's been in the dish for about a week and a half now, but not much has changed since…

Started by Nick Largey

2 May 12, 2021
Reply by ian

Newbie in the moisture chamber

Hello everyone! I've been learning and collecting, and found these cuties in my chamber. I do so wish I could have gotten some better image…

Started by Kristina

2 Apr 2, 2021
Reply by Kristina

Let it glow!

So this failed in a neat way - feeding physarum on 1% fluorescein. Turns our slimes own pigments are such strong uv absorbers that the dye…

Started by ian

1 Mar 11, 2021
Reply by slimebob

Curious about slime mold life spans and senescence

Hello! Quick background: I am a writer working on a fictional story having to do with slime mould. I have no background in microbiology or…

Started by slimebob

4 Mar 8, 2021
Reply by slimebob

Slime mould experiment ideas for a lab report

Hello everybody, I am a high school senior student and I am working on an experiment that involves slime moulds. This lab report is very cr…

Started by Kwan Yi Wong

3 Jan 30, 2021
Reply by François-Joseph Deminiere

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service