The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Projects & Ideas (91)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

(Moist) chamber of horrors or where the wild things are

I've been dabbling in the dark art of catching occult slime moulds. There are loads of slime moulds out there waiting to be discovered but…

Started by ian

3 Oct 25, 2019
Reply by Benny Fulmer

Slime Mould in a Vivarium ?

Hi everyone,I saw a story on the Paris zoo featuring a new exhibit containing Physarum polycephalum. They keep the slime mould in a forest-…

Started by Daniel Šlechta

5 Oct 21, 2019
Reply by Blob Morane

Soggy popcorn

so i was having a bit of fun with a culture ian sent me, and i decided to try seeing if a bit of slime i left suspended upside down on an i…

Started by Benny Fulmer

4 Oct 21, 2019
Reply by ian

Full metal physaum

From time to time I do a spot of pewter casting, it’s something I got into when I was a kid and dust off now and then. I knew I was going t…

Started by ian

4 Oct 7, 2019
Reply by ian

How much light can the physarum take?

Hi there, I am planning to resurrecting a slime mold culture for an installation. I'm weary of lighting the space too much and putting my s…

Started by Dominique Baron-Bonarjee

2 Sep 25, 2019
Reply by Dominique Baron-Bonarjee

Looking for a feasible way to conduct experiments relating to slime molds fixing existing transportation systems especially in Atlanta, Georgia (U.S.)

Existing research done in transportation regarding slime molds refers to some sort of way or model in which one analyzes the growth of slim…

Started by Ayaan Sharma

0 Aug 19, 2019

What species is this?

I was walking to school one day and in a bush by the street I found this slime mould. I then followed it for over a week until it started t…

Started by Deimos Denzil

0 May 25, 2019

Some tips for my research?

Hello people!  I have got a cool idea for an experiment on slime mold I'd like to conduct. It's been quite hyped on the internet that slime…

Started by Deimos Denzil

2 Mar 28, 2019
Reply by İrem

Why the physarum whitens?

Hi everyone, I'm observing the physarum growing and I've noticed something curious. The Physarum is usually yellow as it grows but once it…

Started by Gaspard Bébié-Valérian

2 Feb 21, 2019
Reply by Gaspard Bébié-Valérian

Mutation!

I raised some amoebae for a microscopy project with some students and dumped the surplus onto agar. Three weeks later I found something gro…

Started by ian

0 Nov 6, 2018

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service