The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Projects & Ideas (91)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Into the fourth dimension! Physarum time plots

Had some fun looking at ways to compare growth habits of different strains. I've been time lapsing them every minute on plain agar with no…

Started by ian

3 Jan 7, 2020
Reply by ian

Slime mould game anyone?

Hello Hello,  a bit of an out-there question but anyone here has good computer skills to build an online game based on slime mould?? (it i…

Started by lu mafo

8 Jan 5, 2020
Reply by RyChu

First results! - Breeding

Took the day off work, spent the morning on a Dresden Dolls and slime checking binge. When I set up the spore plates, as well as finding th…

Started by ian

0 Dec 13, 2019

How to raise plasmodia from spores

The results are coming in from my first trials and it looks like all the other methods aren't necessary.This has a 70% hit rate, faster dev…

Started by ian

10 Dec 13, 2019
Reply by ian

So how do we use slime for evil instead of good?

We're all aware of how great slime moulds are and how they inspire artists, scientists and nutters to perform great deeds. But we're neglec…

Started by ian

6 Dec 13, 2019
Reply by RyChu

And so it begins..

Here we go. Two spore germinating methods, looked pretty much the same under microscope. One was rub oat flake in spores, add to 1ml water…

Started by ian

5 Nov 25, 2019
Reply by ian

Under the electron microscope

Nice thing about managing a lab is sometimes you get to have a bit of a play. We had clinical samples to process the other week and also a…

Started by ian

5 Nov 23, 2019
Reply by Nemo Andrea

The ideas pit

Here's an plan - have an idea about slime moulds, artistic, scientific or otherwise? Not sure you'll ever get round to it but it's too good…

Started by ian

1 Nov 8, 2019
Reply by ian

Agar platforms

Thank you all very much for your support. I was just wondering how to connect different platforms of agar. For example, if a person uses a…

Started by RyChu

5 Nov 5, 2019
Reply by RyChu

Light exposure - here's a sick idea

Physarum doesn't like exposure to light - I'm pretty sure we've all noticed that. Physarum is also yellow - fairly sure that's not news to…

Started by ian

5 Oct 29, 2019
Reply by ian

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service