The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Projects & Ideas (91)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Honors Thesis Ideas

Hello everyone!So excited to be a part of this collective! I'm currently an Honors Thesis candidate, and I really want to work with Physaru…

Started by Megan Mauriello

0 Aug 27, 2018

negative stain TEM images of sheared physarum protoplasmic tubes!?

Hey, I did my master thesis in structural biology, we imaged the cytoskeleton of red blood cells. I had some spare time and tried the same…

Started by Christian Diwo

0 Mar 16, 2018

Sourcing Physarum (Sweden)

Hello! I'm currently in my last year of high school and I've chosen to write a project about Physarum Polycephalums ability to find the sho…

Started by Timmy

0 Feb 7, 2018

Problem with mucus experiment (Problème avec l'expérience du mucus)

Bonjour tout le monde ! Hello, Nous nous adressons principalement à ceux qui ont pu réaliser des expériences avec du mucus mais si vous sa…

Started by Blob

1 Jan 22, 2018
Reply by ian

Most Visual Slime moulds for Movement and filming

Hi Everyone,  I work in natural history documentaries and I'm looking into filming a slime mould / decomposition sequence for a tropical ra…

Started by Andrew Moorwood

0 Aug 30, 2017

What the???? Interloper?

I was watching The Creeping Garden yesterday and going through my old cultures ( perfectly normal middle aged, middle class thing to do on…

Started by ian

1 Apr 21, 2017
Reply by ian

Blob conservation

Hi everybody, Is blob freeze sensitive or can it be frozen to ice for a while ? François-Joseph

Started by François-Joseph Deminiere

2 Apr 12, 2017
Reply by François-Joseph Deminiere

Slimy porridge squares - a tidier way to give out physarum

This might be handy for those of us that tour with slime.  I've never liked agar for giving out cultures - it's hard to get a decent densi…

Started by ian

3 Mar 24, 2017
Reply by ian

Sclerotium and fixative

Hello collective, I am looking for a way to maintain a dried slime mold culture on a piece of paper as long as possible – this is for an a…

Started by jnnstl

3 Mar 24, 2017
Reply by jnnstl

Slime mold

Hi everyone, I'm a student from Goldsmiths, University of London. Currently I am making an art sculpture work which regards slime mold.  I'…

Started by Melmel

0 Mar 19, 2017

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service