The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Projects & Ideas (91)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Slime molds in significant industrial biofilms

Hi folks, as a bacteriologist I have come across slime molds only very recently when I found they can actually dominate biofilms designed t…

Started by Ralf Cord-Ruwisch

4 Feb 10, 2015
Reply by Ralf Cord-Ruwisch

individuation

Many of us are using Physarum sourced from Carolina - does anyone know how many cultural lineages they have?  Any ideas about how we might…

Started by Sarah Roberts

8 Nov 25, 2014
Reply by Sarah Roberts

Physarum maze templates / molds

Hi all, I have seen pictures and videos of physarum navigating mazes. Does anyone know where I might find a clean and neat looking mazes fo…

Started by Vin Ric

1 Oct 19, 2014
Reply by Heather Barnett

biomimicry driven urbanism

hello, i am an architecture student working on biomimicry and its application in urban design for my thesis and i am fascinated by smile m…

Started by Salma

1 Sep 2, 2014
Reply by John Buck

Informed Reflection

Imagine the possibility that people have the sensory potential to perceive and translate into meaningful images the communication of intell…

Started by Glenn Weiss

1 Jul 23, 2014
Reply by Glenn Weiss

Slime mold propagation methods

Okay, so slime mold can be propagated via spores. But are those spores a fixed number of cells? When slime mold is fed do the cells actuall…

Started by Jaden

1 Jan 19, 2014
Reply by Edward

Help with culturing slime mold

So, I am fairly new to slime mold, and I've been trying to get it into the plasmodial stage so I can use it for some experiments in the lab…

Started by Moriah Barrow

4 Jun 11, 2013
Reply by Moriah Barrow

P. Polycephelum responding to predation

I recently had a petri dish of P. Polycephelum become contaminated with an unidentified white mold. When I discovered the mold in the morni…

Started by Jeremiah Blondin

2 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by bruce kamolnick

P. polycephalum in terrariums

Hello.  Has anyone here been successful keeping physarum polycephalum in a terrarium?  I got mine from Carolina Supply.  I read in Creepy C…

Started by Alicia

2 Jan 30, 2013
Reply by Heather Barnett

P Polycephalum appears aware of food location

During an experiment designed to study the foraging techniques of Physarum Plycephalum slime mold, I adhered an oat flake to the lid of the…

Started by Jeremiah Blondin

2 Jan 5, 2013
Reply by Jeremiah Blondin

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service