The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

I wasn't expecting this to work but I tried the rancid oats method on spores from Mandy the badhamia ( that's still not a confirmed genus btw - way too much work to get a definite ID  ). Four weeks later I've found 14 baby slime moulds in the petri dish! They're still a little pale but lookign good. The cloudy material on the agar is a lawn of bacteria, all those clear holes are areas where amoebae have been foraging.

They've been moved to a nursery plate, given their first solid meal and they seem to be doing fine.

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats on your success! Hope they grow well.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service