The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Links & Resources (250)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Physerum in Water

Does anybody here know if Physerum can survive being submerged for long periods of time? Ka Also does anybody know if they react to salts…

Started by Skadi

4 Jun 24, 2022
Reply by ian

Slime deliver update

A delivery update - I owe a lot of people slime, I'm working on it but I've spent the last 2 weeks moving the slimery out of the study to m…

Started by ian

2 Jun 7, 2022
Reply by ian

Gauze

i have successfully caught one or more slimes . it is currently living in and occasionally crawling up the sides of the terrarium i made f…

Started by Skadi

0 May 28, 2022

Need some help on growing plasmodia and eliminating contamination

Hello. Recently I’ve been trying to grow some unidentifiable plasmodium on some water agar plates. I obtained this plasmodium by finding it…

Started by Maxwell

1 May 27, 2022
Reply by Kenneth Ramos

Create self-sufficient environment with slime mould

Not long ago Ian sent me some slime molds. Since then I have been learning how to grow them, the best technique was agar-water and oatmeal,…

Started by Ivan

5 May 26, 2022
Reply by Aimee

Hello I'm new here and to slimes in general!

Does anyone know where to get dry samples of slime plasmodium ? Is there an exchange type thing here? A few months into the world of magica…

Started by Aimee

0 May 26, 2022

Effect of light on slime mold

I am interested in knowing why slime molds are adverse to light.  What is the mechanism that causes light to make them change into spores? …

Started by Bill Rueger

1 May 13, 2022
Reply by Kenneth Ramos

What foods have you found slime molds to like?

I'm wanting to just maybe make an internet master list of what foods you've found these plasmodiums to like, and what they didn't like so m…

Started by superuser

2 Apr 13, 2022
Reply by superuser

New!

Hello! I’m new to slime mold and also this page. How do I go about having the slime mold sent to me? Nice to meet y’all!!

Started by Waylynn

4 Mar 12, 2022
Reply by ian

2008 financial crisis

Have a listen to my 12/4/21 podcast, on Fascinating!. The topic is Blame, and I use slime mold as an explanation of the 2008 financial cris…

Started by Eric Moon

1 Feb 14, 2022
Reply by ian

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service