The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Apparentpy, i disturbed it and awakened a sleeping giant. My ND confirmed
that it was slime mold and upon further investigation, I was able to
narrow down the cause. We have a lot of plumeria here and I the rainy
season the leaves grow this type of mold. I pluck the leaves because it
kills them and spreads to the other leaves. I must have had a tiny scratch
or the p.p sat o. The surface long enough to attach. It was a small pink
semi sore spot-then I started messing with it. Now I'm treating a fungal
ifectiion and this is what it looks like currently. I just wanted to share
and get it out there what it could potentially do to the skin. I'm taking a
natural herbal product to get rid of it as well as treating it topically
with oils for fungal removal. Feel free to share. Thanks

  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 141

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of The Slime Mould Collective to add comments!

Join The Slime Mould Collective

Comment by ian on January 30, 2018 at 7:33

There are protists that cause disease in humans - acanthamoeba for one.  There's never been any record of a myxomycete causing disease but that doesn't mean it can't happen.  What we can be sure of though is whatever this thing was it wasn't P. polycephalum - there are thousands of myxo species,  why just pick the name of common one?  People get this species on their skin regularly ( daily in my case) and it's grown by thousands of people worldwide - if it could cause infection we'd have known a long time ago. 

Without culturing it could be anything,  why would doc pick a myxo as a cause when they're incredibly obscure and unknown as pathogens?  All we can say for sure is you picked up an infection from a soil borne organism,  it's hugely  more likely to be bacterial or fungal but it simply cannot have been Physarum 

Comment by Kristy keller on January 28, 2018 at 18:17

this was 100% real.  i have a nice dime sized scar to date.  i have better things to do with my time than spread false statements.  i was sharing my experience-that was validated by a doctor. i would have responded before, but i just saw your post.  maybe there is no data on the "internet", but that does not make it false.  so, thank you for your comment, but you do not know what you are talking about in this situation.

Comment by François-Joseph Deminiere on January 24, 2017 at 9:12

Hi Kristy,

As far as I could search in available data on internet, nobody reported any toxicity from protist to man.

Someone in SliMoCO tasted some by accident and did not complain about anything else than a bad taste...

Did you paint shop this photo for April fool from a fish eye picture ? If no, then this is 99.99% sure not a problem from polycephalum contact, but something else.

And as it could hurts children willing to experiment Blobs this could be better to remove this document or to confirm a fake in the text please.

This is only a suggestion, and far of me to deny your pain if it's a true photo.

I just claim this CANNOT BE a Blob injury.


Best regards,


© 2018   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service