An international network of/for intelligent organisms
I wasn't expecting this to work but I tried the rancid oats method on spores from Mandy the badhamia ( that's still not a confirmed genus btw - way too much work to get a definite ID ). Four weeks later I've found 14 baby slime moulds in the petri dish! They're still a little pale but lookign good. The cloudy material on the agar is a lawn of bacteria, all those clear holes are areas where amoebae have been foraging.
They've been moved to a nursery plate, given their first solid meal and they seem to be doing fine.
Congrats on your success! Hope they grow well.
© 2023 Created by Heather Barnett. Powered by