The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Links & Resources (250)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mycelium

What causes Mycelium growth? Many of my samples seem to exhibit extensive growth... should I be concerned

Started by Mimi Osborne

1 Feb 1, 2022
Reply by ian

Any members in Lebanon?

Hello,  I am delivering a Biodesign in Fashion course for The Lebanese American University of Architecture and Design in Beirut (I am remo…

Started by Sarah Graham

0 Jan 31, 2022

Slime mould manifesto new edition

Just updated it with detailed instructions on making sclerotia - http://www.tinyurl,com/slimemanifesto It's probably crawling with typos. I…

Started by ian

1 Jan 27, 2022
Reply by superuser

JPG to Video Software.

Can anyone recommend a *FREE* Windows program for converting a set of .JPG images from a time lapse sequence into a video format, preferab…

Started by AndyGadget

4 Jan 18, 2022
Reply by Brian Tomlinson

New to slime moulds -- How many times can I grow a dish out and inoculate other dish with part of the original mould? Endlessly?

Can I keep my one physarum polycephalum endlessly if I were to grow him to his dish fully, and inoculate another dish with a part of his se…

Started by superuser

6 Jan 12, 2022
Reply by Katharine

Dying Mazie slime cannot wake up

Hi,I am working on an experiment now and have figured out the maze and agar but I am having trouble with waking up the slime. I thought I w…

Started by Mattias Bolin

0 Dec 7, 2021

tips for grain mite contamination?

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced grain/cereal mite contamination when growing slime mold? Apparently it is a common oc…

Started by Jasmine Lu

1 Oct 24, 2021
Reply by ian

Effect of temperature on slime mould growth.

I haven't started growing a slime mould yet but I was wondering if anyone has studied the effect of temperature on physarum polycephalum. I…

Started by AndyGadget

2 Oct 15, 2021
Reply by AndyGadget

SPAM Message

All,   I've just had a message via the forum from a Joseph McLaughlin which bears all the hallmarks of a spam message of the '419' variety;…

Started by AndyGadget

3 Oct 15, 2021
Reply by AndyGadget

Physarium nutrition

Hi everybody! I just recently got my first slime mould and he's doing well. I was wondering however if slime moulds can subsist entirely of…

Started by Aaron Cottle

1 Sep 29, 2021
Reply by ian

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service