The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

ian's Discussions (420)

Discussions Replied To (346) Replies Latest Activity

"Flour beetles! We have them in the lab too.. Physarum can double in around 10 hours…"

ian replied Jun 11, 2021 to Hello new members and old esp SYSK listeners Slimefest anyone?

2 Jun 11, 2021
Reply by ian

"Hi It looks like you've got yeast, bacteria and little else, I don't think it ever w…"

ian replied May 12, 2021 to First timer in the slime mould department

2 May 12, 2021
Reply by ian

"Cute! What colour was the plasmodium? I'll have a look through the books when I get…"

ian replied Apr 1, 2021 to Newbie in the moisture chamber

2 Apr 2, 2021
Reply by Kristina

"Hi  Spores only form when the slime is exposed to light for a few days, they take ab…"

ian replied Mar 25, 2021 to Slime mould spurs

2 Jul 15, 2021
Reply by Terry

"Liquid culture takes some effort - they need constant agitation and the medium is ve…"

ian replied Mar 8, 2021 to Curious about slime mold life spans and senescence

4 Mar 8, 2021
Reply by slimebob

"I pour molten metal into it! You need a hard plaster - herculite or another high alp…"

ian replied Mar 4, 2021 to Question about whether slime mold will react with plaster or resin?

3 Mar 4, 2021
Reply by ian

"Hi  Slimes will only release spores when they've made fruiting bodies - tiny little…"

ian replied Mar 4, 2021 to Question about whether slime mold will react with plaster or resin?

3 Mar 4, 2021
Reply by ian

"Hi  They're not difficult to work with but they can be contrary and stubborn - doing…"

ian replied Mar 4, 2021 to Slime mold and cellular networks

1 Mar 4, 2021
Reply by ian

"It's feasible but I'm not sure what the results would be. You could easily do it on…"

ian replied Mar 2, 2021 to Do you have any suggestions for using slime molds in your design?

1 Mar 2, 2021
Reply by ian

"Hi I grow mushrooms as well and if you keep those on the same nutrients for too long…"

ian replied Mar 2, 2021 to Curious about slime mold life spans and senescence

4 Mar 8, 2021
Reply by slimebob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service