The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Links & Resources (250)

Featured Discussions

Slimes, safety and world distribution.

HelloI'm glad to have found this forum, because I'm really interested in slime molds and there are not many books about them and hardly any…

Started by ianLatest Reply

How to get a physarum culture

So you want slime?  I can give you slime. I'll post physarum to anyone anywhere free of charge.  "Free?" you say, surely that's too good…

Started by ianLatest Reply

Top Tips for growing Physarum Polycephalum...

If you're keen to grow your own the slime mould Physarum Polycephalum, this information may help... Preferred conditions: dark and damp (fo…

Started by Heather BarnettLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Receiving culture

Has anyone received a culture recently (March or April in 2023)? I haven’t seen anything on it since a couple of years ago. Is he still giv…

Started by Katie

5 Mar 8
Reply by Juan Pablo

How to get a physarum culture

So you want slime?  I can give you slime. I'll post physarum to anyone anywhere free of charge.  "Free?" you say, surely that's too good…

Started by ian

120 Feb 23
Reply by Susan Dexter

How to find slime molds

Hello. Since I wrote this in translation, there may be problems. I am a high school senior living in Turkey. I have been doing research on…

Started by Rky

0 Dec 5, 2023

The slime manifesto

I've added colour and more words to the instructions I send out with the cultures  Http://www.tinyurl.com/slimemanifesto 

Started by ian

5 Oct 18, 2023
Reply by Natalie Andrew

Help! Why wont my slimes wake up?

I got some physarum cultures on the interweb. I have them in little plastic tupperwares on damp paper towels with some boiled oats a centim…

Started by Sarah Gracen

1 Sep 5, 2023
Reply by Tom Smith

Physarum polycephalum as springtail food

I recently got some Physarum from Ian (thanks!!), and it has been doing amazingly well for me. I'm highly enjoying keeping and observing th…

Started by Ben Gruver

1 Aug 6, 2023
Reply by Ben Gruver

Dark Blue SM found on Moss, stalkless. Help with ID.

Hi all, I found this Slime Mould growing on Eurhynchiam striatum (Common Moss) I think! but very unusual as cannot identify, stalkless and…

Started by Tony Hardware

1 Aug 6, 2023
Reply by Tony Hardware

Physarum in a fish tank

We are currently trying to grow a sample we have in a fish tank. Has anyone done this or similiar? Any advice on best conditions would be…

Started by Karl Schofield

5 Jul 19, 2023
Reply by Karl Schofield

Sourcing Physarum

So it seems lots of people want to start experimenting! You can buy Physarum culture kits and specimens from educational/biological supplie…

Started by Heather Barnett

43 Jun 20, 2023
Reply by Juan Pablo

Enteridium lycoperdon or giant zit?

I found this on a dead and dry rotting beech trunk.  Approx 5 x 4cm with a thin membrane and filled with what looks like a translucent mil…

Started by AndyGadget

3 Jun 17, 2023
Reply by ian

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service