The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

Links & Resources (250)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Got myself a new wild slime!

was thinking about Ian's post on biosecurity and not spreading Carolina worldwide, and the easiest option I could think of was to find my o…

Started by Patrick Barry

6 Sep 15, 2020
Reply by Patrick Barry

Tales from the slimery

Hi  I've been literally up to y knees in petri dishes for the last four weeks - round three of breeding kicked off with my highly inbred li…

Started by ian

2 Sep 3, 2020
Reply by ian

Convex hull and going beyond oats

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13683377 Herbal sleeping tablets - extract of valerian root to be specific. This has the p…

Started by Patrick Barry

0 Aug 27, 2020

Slime moulds in digital form

Quite a few projects going on to replicate their behaviour in the grasshopper community: https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/physarium-slime-in-

Started by Patrick Barry

0 Aug 13, 2020

Are physarum eating bacteria on oats?

Hi all, I have been getting an increasing amount of mold on my plates and was wondering about ways to mitigate that. I assume one source co…

Started by Adam Strandberg

5 Aug 13, 2020
Reply by RyChu

Spores now available!

I've managed to build up a good stock of spores from some of my strains ( loads of them seem to be unable to spore ), if anyone wants some…

Started by ian

2 Aug 13, 2020
Reply by Patrick Barry

Slimes, safety and world distribution.

HelloI'm glad to have found this forum, because I'm really interested in slime molds and there are not many books about them and hardly any…

Started by ian

1 Aug 13, 2020
Reply by ian

Questions and Hydration Day!

I plan to rehydrate my Physarum on Monday or Tuesday evening. I've only ever seen and observed in the wild so I am very excited. I've hea…

Started by Luke

3 Aug 5, 2020
Reply by Luke

Will dermestid beetles eat physarum?

I'm doing an experiment to see if I can create a self sustaining ecosystem. All components seem compatible so far, but I'm curious if any k…

Started by Evan Brown

2 Jul 27, 2020
Reply by Evan Brown

Breaking the Mould

Hello all!  I am a mycologist in training and as such am often coming across many interesting slime moulds (useless at ID yet). Yesterday…

Started by Sam

1 Jun 20, 2020
Reply by ian

RSS

© 2024   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service