The Slime Mould Collective

An international network of/for intelligent organisms

ian's Discussions (97)

Discussions Replied To (85) Replies Latest Activity

"Chalk might be worth a try - used to use it in the lab to bulk up lactobacilli by ad…"

ian replied Jan 31 to How do you grow a P. Polycephalum from spores?

6 Jan 31
Reply by ian

"I think there'd be too much crap in there from the curdled milk and slime really doe…"

6 Jan 31
Reply by ian

"Thinking about about this last night ( I'm a world class insomniac).  The bacteria d…"

6 Jan 31
Reply by ian

"Basically the alcohol dries faster and I make up a few tbsp at a time of various dye…"

ian replied Jan 31 to Methylene Blue

4 Jan 31
Reply by ian

"The spores need to dry for a few weeks and will then hatch into amoebae if you add w…"

ian replied Jan 30 to How do you grow a P. Polycephalum from spores?

6 Jan 31
Reply by ian

"Hi,  you basically can't stop some degree of spread.  I make up batches of dyed oats…"

ian replied Jan 30 to Methylene Blue

4 Jan 31
Reply by ian

"If you want it to grow fast, feed every time it gets close to covering its existing…"

ian replied Jan 27 to Changing Physarum Polycephalum growth rate?

6 Jan 27
Reply by ian

"They really hate UV or anything down the blue end of the spectrum. They can't see th…"

ian replied Jan 27 to Light filter that would allow to keep cultures in normal light conditions

5 Jan 27
Reply by ian

"It won't make spores without light and you can feed it lightly to reduce growth. The…"

ian replied Jan 26 to Changing Physarum Polycephalum growth rate?

6 Jan 27
Reply by ian

"I've hooked one up to an electrophysiology rig before. The signal is incredibly weak…"

ian replied Jun 7, 2016 to How fast does slime's electricity change, and how much?

1 Jun 7, 2016
Reply by ian

RSS

© 2017   Created by Heather Barnett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service